The Leesburg Environmental Advisory Commission is seeking nominations for the 2013 Tolbert Environmental Achievement Awards. This award program recognizes students, community groups, and individuals who conduct or participate in activities that benefit the Town’s environment. Nominations must be submitted by close of business on Friday, March 29, 2013.
Examples of activities that benefit the Town’s environment include:
- Participation in recycling and use of recycled materials (including composting, collection programs for materials that are recyclable or reusable)
- Pollution prevention
- Waste reduction
- Protection of the natural environment
- Clean up of litter or debris
- Beautification of the environment
- Environmental education
- Monitoring the condition of Leesburg’s environment (streams, habitat, etc.)
Nominations should be sent to Irish Grandfield, Environmental Planner, at email@example.com and should include a few sentences describing the person or group nominated and why they deserve to be recognized. Be specific about their efforts and achievements. Photos and other supplemental information may also be submitted. For more information, visit www.leesburgisgreen.com.
The 2013 Tolbert Environmental Achievement Awards will be presented at a Town Council Meeting in May.