2012 has begun and there are many exciting events open for all to attend. Mark your calendars
February 18- 6:30-9:30 p.m.
2nd Annual Mardi Gras Auction and Showcase Fundraiser for Woodgrove Music and Arts Association
Tickets are $10 and available at Haute Dog & Fries, Re-Love It and on Woodgrove HS Website Students free with accompanying adult.
- Students from the various fine arts departments will perform throughout the school during the evening
- Student’s artwork will be on display.
- Live auction and gift basket raffles.
- Hors d’oeuvres provided by Savoir Fare of Round Hill
E-mail Rhonda Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
February 24 – 7:00 p.m.
2nd Annual Mountain View Moose Scholarship Spelling Bee
Now the adults are in the hot seat!
Admission is only $1.00 per person
- Scholarship fundraiser to support one Mountain View graduating senior from Woodgrove High School and one from Loudoun Valley High School. ALL proceeds go to the scholarships!
- Come and see as some of your favorite staff members become this year’s Spelling Champion!
Staff members from Mountain View, Blue Ridge, Harmony, Woodgrove and Loudoun Valley will participate
- Let’s hope they don’t “moose-spell” any words!
- Dr. Hatrick, Superintendent of LCPS, will be the special guest speller.
- Word list created by Mountain View fourth and fifth grade students
March 10 – 7:00 p.m.
Woodgrove High School Auditorium
Hypnosis The Show Tickets $10 – Available On-line – http://www.lcps.org/Page/78656
A fun-filled evening for the entire family
Woodgrove Project Graduation Committee is excited to present the renowned Comedy Hypnotist – Jimi Gibson
It’s like nothing you have seen or experienced before?
Don’t miss this incredibly entertaining side splitting comedy hypnosis performance. Volunteers are taken from the audience, hypnotized in front of everyone while the rest of the audience laughs ‘till it hurts. Watch the volunteers do INSANE and completely OUTRAGEOUS stuff!!
March 17 – 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Bowl-a-Thon – Village Lanes Bowling Center- Leesburg –Strike Up Some Fun
Gather your friends, team mates, club members, class mates, and colleagues, form a 4-6 member team and Play to Win! See if you have the Luck of the Irish and win the Pot of Gold
$25.00 per player-includes food, shoes and unlimited games and fun – Register on-line http://www.lcps.org/Page/78656 Players will seek community support for their team by collecting tax deductible pledges and donations to benefit Project Graduation
Come out Go “Wild” Cheer your favorite team on.
Congratulations to the Undefeated Woodgrove Academic Team
They not only won the Dulles District title but also each of their tournaments and will compete February 4 at the Region II tournament.
Team members are Tara Saunders, Jocelyn Westray, Kristina Haney, Jillian Lineburg, Chris Miller, Keegan Ottoson, Carolyn Saunders, Marissa Gillwald, Adam Lenhart, Joe Ghorzi, Julia Hiser. They are coached by Bob Kane and Louise Spicer.
Team mates Chris Miller, Tara Saunders, and Jillian Lineburg had a brilliant win on NBC It’s Academic show on December 17th. They will return to compete again April 28.
Congratulations to Woodgrove Music Department
Wolverine Pep Band under the direction of Mr. Paul Westray
The band received accolades from the It’s Academic show, “the best band we’ve had all season”. Team Woodgrove enjoys and appreciates the support and the “Wild” spirit the Pep Band brings to each event.
Joseph Keim, jazz band drummer placed second in the Percussive Arts Society Drum Fest Competition and received a scholarship to summer drum camp.
The following students have been selected to participate in the Virginia Music Educators Association District 16 Honor Band: Hannah Chambliss-French Horn, Michelle Guarnieri-Flute, Jillian Lineburg-Clarinet, Cayla Sherrell-Bass Clarinet, Jocelyn Westray-Bassoon-advanced to the state audition, and Luke Vacca-Trombone-alternate.
- Basketball – Varsity – Girls 14-2, Boys 9-7. Freshman and JV teams are standing strong. Wow- Brad Gilson #52 reached high game score of 54 points against Park View January 4. Brad has committed to play for Columbia University in New York City.
- Gymnastics- Amanda Huebner is ranked third overall Floor-second, Beam-fifth, Vault- second, Bars-second Olivia Becker Bars- seventh
Team is currently ranked fourth
- Wrestling- Luke Segerdahl, Bret Decker, Joe Cavallaro, and Dylan O’Conner won against both Briar Woods and Tuscarora Devon Potts and Jack Wehr competed in two weight classes and won all of their matches.
50 free eighth – Kristen Garner
200 medley relay tenth – Michelle Crowley, Kristen Garner, Gabrielle Harbour, Hannah Taylor tenth
200 free medley tenth -Michelle Crowley, Nikki Barattino, Lori Martin, Kristen Garner
400 free medley tenth -Shannon Song, Gabrielle Harbour, Hannah Taylor, Kristen Garner
200 medley relay tenth -Ethan Bloomfield, Christian Banister, Adam Hoff, Luke Cowne
200 free sixth – Christian Bannister
100 fly tenth -Adam Hoff
500 free fourth -Christian Banister, eleventh -Andrew Ray
200 free relay ninth -Luke Cowne, Adam Hoff, Andrew Ray, Christian Bannister
100 back eleventh -Andrew Ray
400 free relay seventh -Ethan Bloomfield, Nico Song, Christian Banister, Ian Whitefield
Mo’s Sports Garage – Supports Kids of All Sorts
Mo Queirolo, a Woodgrove sophomore has a passion for sports and wants to share it with others.
As kids switch sports and grow, many of us have sports equipment that is in good shape but no longer in use. Please check your garage and home for items to donate and bring them to Woodgrove High School to be placed in Mo’s Sports Garage boxes. Mo along with Pam Hayba, Parent Liaison locate children in need of the equipment. Please support Mo in this very compassionate and worthwhile endeavor.
Woodgrove High School
Class of 2012