The Loudoun County Fire Marshal’s Office reported that the fire that destroyed a single-family home on Long Lane in Lovettsville was accident due to a crack in the clay thimble leading to the chimney flue, which allowed the fire to extend into the structure. Damages to the home, which was destroyed in the fire, resulted in estimated $550,000 damage.
At 2:40 a.m., Friday, January 24, the Loudoun County Emergency Communications Center received a 9-1-1 call for a house fire at 38064 Long Lane in Lovettsville. Fire and rescue personnel from Lovettsville, Lucketts, Purcellville, Leesburg, Hamilton, Moorefield, with mutual aid assistance from Frederick County, Maryland responded to the scene. … Continue Reading